Thursday, February 17, 2011

Telling Our Children

February 17, 2011


We have four beautiful children (and David on the way).
11, 8, 2, 1


Tonight was a hard night.  On our way home we prayed for Father God to go before us when we tell the girls, to give us words to speak, and to fill our home with an overwhelming peace.


Heather and I believed I would be the one to tell the girls, because she thought she would not be able to keep it together. When we gathered them, quite the opposite happened - I couldn't speak, and Heather delivered the news with Holy Spirit strength.  


About two sentences in I could see that it had begun to hit them.  We shed lots of tears tonight.


Tomorrow we are heading out of town to St. Augustine for some much needed rest and to process together as a family.




Father God, please keep me aware of my children's emotional needs, allow me to show my love to them, and give me words to strengthen their walk with you.


-Aaron's Journal Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment