Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trusting through Adversity

I heard a young preacher today talk about how easy it is to trust during good times, but real trust comes in times when we have no control.

I feel like such a hypocrite raising my hands and saying "yes Lord, I trust you" then finding myself running to the internet to seek out doctors, blogs, and research to try to do what I can do to save David.

The harsh findings all pointing to answers I'm not yet willing to accept.


We got a treadmill today, and after 3 hours of putting that haus together, I went for a run.

I stared at the wall in front of me in silence.  God heard my silence.  Then I felt the Holy Spirit running next to me in his green adidas track jacket.

During lap 5 he tackled me, we wrestled on the ground for a bit, then I gave in.  My tense body exhaled, I closed my eyes and felt at peace.

He winked at me and jogged away.

I got up, dusted myself off, and now I'm ready to run again.

Thank you Lord for this moment.
And thank you U.S. Presidents for that great sale on the treadmill.

Psalms 56:3

- Aaron's Journal Entry

1 comment:

  1. I live in Gainesville. I am a mother of 8 children. I walked a similar road to yours just last year. Our daughter, Kara Faith, was diagnosed at Shands with Holoprosencephaly. So much to say! Please read her blog. Please contact us if we can help in any way. We will pray for you all. God is up to this task. Do not walk in fear. Enjoy EVERY day David has with you, even now.

    http://www.sweetkarafaith.blogspot.com

    Nancy Palmer

    ReplyDelete